LOT Polish Airlines’ Announces New Economy Plus
And LOT Economy Simple Fares
Warsaw, June 3, 2014 – In June LOT is introducing new Economy Plus class of service in short and medium haul aircraft and LOT Economy Simple tariffs providing discounts of up to 30 percent off normal economy fares.
Passengers traveling in LOT Economy Plus will enjoy a business product for an economy price. They will have a dedicated hotline number, check-in desk, priority baggage and boarding service as well as a dedicated bus when the aircraft cannot be accessed from a jet bridge at Warsaw airport. On board, these passengers will have a choice of meals, beverages and alcoholic drinks just as in business class. They will sit in the front of the aircraft and obtain more miles in the frequent flyer program than before. Premium Economy passengers traveling on long-haul flights will connect to flights in Europe in LOT’s Economy Plus Class.
“This new class of service is primarily aimed at business travellers who expect a higher standard of service, but for some reason cannot travel in business class,” explained Michal Leman, product and marketing office director for LOT Polish Airlines. “For this group of passengers, the comfort, high service standard and possibility to travel fast are important. With our new Economy Plus service, we offer a faster check-in, boarding and luggage collection.”
LOT has also prepared a special, simple and low-cost tariff called LOT Economy Simple created for the short-haul passengers who want to decide for themselves what services to use and when the fare price is the lowest. Ticket prices are 30 percent lower than in standard economy class. With a LOT Economy Simple ticket, a passenger has the option for online or airport check-in and while on board, served a drink and a sweet snack plus score frequent-flyer miles. This tariff is mainly for leisure travellers traveling only with their cabin luggage. To check luggage, there will be charged PLN 60 ($20) extra. In normal economy class, checked luggage is still free.
A ticket in LOT Economy Simple starts at PLN 199 ($65). For example, flights to Brussels are 30 percent off PLN 439 ($144) in Economy Simple vs. PLN 638 ($210) in Economy; to London 29 percent off PLN 499 ($164) in Economy Simple vs. PLN 705 ($232) in Economy and to Paris 24 percent off PLN 449 ($148) in Economy Simple vs. PLN 458 ($151) in Economy.
These new developments are another step in implementing the Restructuring Plan. In the past year, the airline focused primarily on cutting costs, looking for savings and beginning to improve the quality of the product and service standards.
“We significantly improved our results in the past year, but cutting costs alone is not enough,” said Sebastian Mikosz, CEO LOT Polish Airlines. “To achieve sustainable profitability, LOT has to grow and take better care of its passengers, by expanding the portfolio, offering better comfort and a broader range of optional services.”
Other developments include:
- LOT Gourmet where the economy class passengers on all flights enjoy new seasonal and enhanced menus.
- Number of movies on the Dreamliner long-haul flights has doubled.
- The airline introduced new menus for all service classes on its long-haul Dreamliner flights between Warsaw and the U.S, Canada and Peking.
- LOT introduced restaurant style service in its business class where passengers are offered a welcome drink before take-off and served a small appetizer. A new soup has been added to other starter choices. A variety of sophisticated entrees are offered where passengers can make changes– like hold the potatoes or sauce, just as if the guest was in a restaurant. The menu is enriched by new types of red and white wines. LOT also added ice cream as a dessert choice for these passengers along with other popular desserts. From the U.S., business class passengers now have a choice of three types of breakfast meals—continental, fitness and hot breakfast before arriving in Warsaw.
- My Favorite Seat was introduced where passengers have an opportunity to select the most convenient and comfortable place in an aircraft available at an extra charge
- My Extra Luggage service where one can pay 20 percent less for planned excess baggage.
- More developments are coming including a change in flight attendant uniforms.
About LOT Polish Airlines
LOT Polish Airlines has been connecting Poland with the rest of the world since 1929. LOT flies to nearly 60 destinations in Europe, the Middle East, North America and Asia. Its network is further enhanced by its membership in Star Alliance since 2003. As an award winning airline, consistently recognized by Business Traveller Magazine and Global Traveler Magazine, LOT is in a position to continue its growth and reputation as a European carrier with a global network.
# # #